samedi 9 janvier 2016

Scale or increase a number within a given range while staying within the range

Vote count: 0

Given the range 0 to 99, I have 2 inputs: A and B which can be any number within that range.

However, I wish to increase or boost A so that it will have a higher value than initially, yet staying within the range.

I know I can just arbitrarily add to it or multiply it by a factor, then just limiting it back down to be in range, but I'd like it to be more logarithmic(?) So while inputs of 0 and 99 would stay as they are, lower values will receive less of an increase while higher values will receive more.

Basically if the inputs were something like decibel values, all I'd have to do is multiply it. But if they're linear?

asked 54 secs ago

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Scale or increase a number within a given range while staying within the range

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire