lundi 13 février 2017

Changing IIS application pool idenity from built in account to custom account causes 503 error

Vote count: 0

I have an intranet web application developed using C# and .NET and it is hosted on our own internal webserver running IIS 8.5.

I have it set up the application pool to use the built in account ApplicationPoolIdentity and this works fine.

However I need the application to be able to browse a network drive so I have changed the application pool to use a custom account that has access to the network drive. I know it has access as I am using my login details here.

But when I browse to the website I get the following error

Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

When I recycle the application pool with these new settings I get the following error:

There was an error while performing this operation Details The object identifier does not represent a valid object. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800710D8)

I have also tried using the server admin account but I get the same error messages.

Thanks

asked 22 secs ago

Let's block ads! (Why?)



Changing IIS application pool idenity from built in account to custom account causes 503 error

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire