samedi 29 novembre 2014

How to return a substring between two matching substrings in JavaScript?


Vote count:

0




I am brand new to programming and just getting started in an online program. The problem I am being presented with is: Return a substring between two matching substrings. The string I'm using is: "Violets are blue, the sky is really blue"


I am trying to produce the substring between the two "blue"s. That is: ", the sky is really "


This was one of my attempts which doesn't work. I was trying to slice it using indexOf() and lastIndexOf().


module.exports.substringBetweenMatches = function(text, searchString) { return text.substring(function indexOf(searchString), function lastIndexOf(searchString); }; module.exports.substringBetweenMatches("Violets are blue, the sky is really blue", "blue");


Any suggestions would be appreciated.



asked 28 secs ago







How to return a substring between two matching substrings in JavaScript?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire