mardi 21 avril 2015

Cannot get repository contents as .zip file (zipball) in Octokit.net

Vote count: 0

I am using Octokit.net version 0.9.0 (GitHub API for .NET) for getting zip contents of few repositories.

I already have the list of repositories I need but I am having trouble with getting the the content of the repositories as .zip files (called zipball)

What I've tried so far

// ... client = new Client(...);
// some authentication logic...
// some other queries to GitHub that work correctly
var url = "http://ift.tt/1aNfRLy";
var response = await this.client.Connection.Get<byte[]>(
        new Uri(url),
        new Dictionary<string, string>(),
        null);
var data = response.Body;
var responseData = response.HttpResponse.Body;

Problems with my attempts

  1. data is null
  2. responseData.GetType().Name says the responseData is of type string
  3. When I try Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(response.HttpResponse.Body.ToString()); I get invalid zip file

Quesion

What is the correct way to get zipballs of repositories after being authenticated using Octokit.net library?

I've also opened an issue in octokit.net repository.

asked 4 mins ago



Cannot get repository contents as .zip file (zipball) in Octokit.net

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire