dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Could not open X display giggle: Cannot open display:


Vote count:

0




I'm completely new to Linux, I have installed in my computer (running on windows 7) a Virtual machine with Ubuntu desktop 14.04. I have installed some programs using "apt-get install NAME_OF_THE PROGRAM". The problem is that when I try to launch the GUI of these programs from a terminal, I'm always getting problems and I don't get to have the programs working. Now I have installed Giggle, the installation was ok but if I try to run "giggle" from the terminal I get:


** (giggle:8581): WARNING **: Could not open X display giggle: Cannot open display:


And this problem is for all the programs that I install.


For example if I try tu run xhost I get:


xhost: unable to open display "localhost:0"


What is the next step to fix these problems??


Any help or recommendation would be really appreciated.


Thanks!!



asked 54 secs ago







Could not open X display giggle: Cannot open display:

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire