vendredi 19 septembre 2014

Express req.body is in quotes


Vote count:

0




I am trying to get an Express REST API working, and for some reason the JSON body always ends up with unnecessary quotation marks. I am using the following configuration in the Express middleware:



app.use(bodyParse.urlencoded({
extended: true
}));
app.use(bodyParser.json());


And am using



console.log(JSON.stringify(req.body));


To test this. With request body



{"name": "New Event", "description": "Hello. This is event"}


I get



{"{\"name\": \"New Event Thingy\", \"description\": \"Hello. This is event\"}":""}


and with body



"name": "New Event", "description": "Hello. This is event"


I get



{"\"name\": \"New Event Thingy\", \"description\": \"Hello. This is event\"":""}


Why am I getting these unneccessary characters?



asked 32 secs ago







Express req.body is in quotes

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire