dimanche 30 mars 2014

gcc doesn't enable the right flags for a given arch


Vote count:

0





gcc -xc -c - -march=core2 -Q --help=target


this prints out a set of options that is not even close to what the targeted arch ( mtune doesn't work either ) is able to do, needless to say that I have already tried to input several other valid options for the -march flag without any good results, gcc always prints the same setup.


Are this flags deprecated ? For what I know mcpu is deprecated, this ones should still be able to do their work, right ?


I was hoping to save some time in tuning the right flags for each platform, and this is a really weird behaviour.


I'm under Ubuntu Saucy 64 bit with gcc 4.8.1 .


I can't even find a way to display the enabled flags with clang so I'm stuck either way with this and I don't get what is possibly wrong .


my reference for this .



asked 49 secs ago






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire