vendredi 30 mai 2014

Any thoughts on whether Solr is the best search tool for my mobile app needs?


Vote count:

0




I need a search engine inside a mobile app I am developing. Here are the desirements:



  1. Work with Javascript (using CoffeeScript, Less, CSS, Knockout, et.al.)

  2. Search a single XML or JSON database. This will be a song database of about 1000 records, with each record containing lyrics, author, composer, title, and assorted other fields (on the order of 2 MB of data).

  3. Complex searches: ((thisword AND thatword) NOT anotherword)

  4. Support highlighting of matched search terms in a text view of the lyrics.

  5. Some sort of "fuzzy" search or "synonym" dictionary search. Songs often have contractions of words to match the meter of the poem. So, I'd like a search for "over" to match "o'er".

  6. Support for type-ahead using the word-index of the database.

  7. Cheap or open source.

  8. A "score" for matching records.


I created a prototype of this using Java and Lucene a few years back and it worked great. So, based on a bit of research and familiarity with Lucene, I'm thinking Solr may be a good fit. But I am open to other options.



asked 27 secs ago






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire