lundi 7 juillet 2014

Debian Wheezy Places > Connect To Server Host Key Verification Failed


Vote count:

0




I've got a stumper. First let me say that previously this worked fine, but since I made some changes to my sshd_config file (for added security) I am unable to connect to my Debian Wheezy box (from another Deb Wheezy box) using the Places > Connect To Server options.


I will say that I can connect via ssh back and forth between boxes via a root terminal just fine, but I cannot connect using the same root login from one box to the other. Anybody got any ideas on this?


The only log error I get on the host machine (/var/log/auth.log) is Connection closed by XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX [preauth]. Of course there are no log entries on the client machine.


Here's my sshd_config file from the HOST machine (Removed commented out lines for readability): Port 22 Protocol HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key UsePrivilegeSeparation yes KeyRegenerationInterval 3600 ServerKeyBits 768 SyslogFacility AUTH LogLevel INFO LoginGraceTime 120 PermitRootLogin yes StrictModes no RSAAuthentication yes PubkeyAuthentication yes AuthorizedKeysFile %h/.ssh/authorized_keys IgnoreRhosts yes RhostsRSAAuthentication no HostbasedAuthentication no PermitEmptyPasswords no ChallengeResponseAuthentication no PasswordAuthentication yes X11Forwarding yes X11DisplayOffset 10 PrintMotd no PrintLastLog yes TCPKeepAlive yes Banner /etc/ssh/ssh.banner AcceptEnv LANG LC_* Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server UsePAM no


And here's the ssh_config file from my CLIENT machine (again, commented out lines removed) Host * PasswordAuthentication yes IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa SendEnv LANG LC_* HashKnownHosts no GSSAPIAuthentication yes GSSAPIDelegateCredentials no


AFAIK, the only settings I changed prior to it working correctly were on the sshd_config file, probably just the PasswordAuthentication RSAAuthentication and/or PubKeyAuthentication.


Anybody got any ideas? I've hunted around and couldn't find any solutions that worked.


Again, ssh via terminal works fine both ways, but not via Places > Connect To Server (settings SSH, port 22 with root user name and password.) Connect To Server error message on screen shows Host Key Verification Failed.


Thanks in advance for enlightening me.



asked 27 secs ago

Max

3





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire