lundi 7 juillet 2014

Ubuntu 10.04 Sublime Text 2 Installation Error /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)


Vote count:

0




I'm trying to install Sublime Text 2 for Ubuntu 10.04 which should be straightforward. However, I get this error message when I try to complete install:



Setting up sublime-text (2.0.2-1~webupd8~3) ...
cp: cannot stat `/var/cache/sublime-text-2/Sublime Text 2/*': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing sublime-text (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
sublime-text
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)


I've checked my directory and I'm 100% certain that this directory exists:



/var/cache/sublime-text-2/Sublime Text 2/*'


The contents of the directory contain these files inside:



Sublime Text 2.0.2 x64.tar.bz2


This naturally leads me to believe that the error is /usr/bin/dpkg. I've tried looking into it and have already attempted these commands:



sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade


and then:



sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get -f install


The errors are the same for these commands.


A last ditch effort would be to try this solution that I found from the following link:


Potential Sublime Text 2 Ubuntu Solution


The post says to implement this solution for the problem files which in my case would be /var/cache/sublime-text-2/Sublime Text 2/*



sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite <filename>
sudo apt-get -f install

For the above two files you’d execute:

sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/file
sudo apt-get -f install


I tried this and I still get the same error.



sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/sublime-text-2/Sublime Text 2/*


Did I type this incorrectly? I have a feeling that the astericks is incorrect. Any help would be appreciated. I'm running out of options. Thanks.



asked 48 secs ago






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire