samedi 5 juillet 2014

How to write a trading card game client-server application


Vote count:

0




I want to implement a multiplayer trading card game in an open source client-server application.


I've started working on it a few times now and used combinations different languages and approaches (RPC vs messaging, Thread per connection vs Thread per service,etc), but I keep restarting after I feel the code base is getting out of hand. What established design could I use to implement something like this? Some background:



  • I expect about 2000 simultaneous users at peak hours, and about 1000 users on average.


  • The game will essentially be a table top simulator, so processing will be light. The communication of events will likely be the bottleneck to performance.




  • I prefer to use C# above most languages, but I'd also be happy to use Java,C++/Qt or Erlang (My experience with Erlang is comparatively lower than that of the other languages)(The game will be cross-platform, so if I use C#, it's going to be mono-compatible C# (No WPF))(If you feel another language would be more suited for something like this feel free to mention it, I used rather simplistic language here to prevent this from becoming a subjective question, but I am experienced enough to learn new languages without too large of a learning curve)




  • As I said the program will be open source. This introduces some issues for me. For example, when I implemented this in C# with RPC, I was wondering what was stopping someone from purposely stripping checks to send large parameters to the server in an attempt to crash it. I'm not sure how far my application should be going to prevent attacks like this.




  • I'd like to be able to take advantage of distributed computing, but the client and server should be cross-platform.





asked 21 secs ago






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire