dimanche 6 juillet 2014

How to know the JDK minimum required version for my API


Vote count:

0




I'm writing a Java API where I use many library. I want to know what's the minimum version of JDK that we must have to use my API. In my POM I have this :



<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.5.1</version>
<configuration>
<source>1.5</source>
<target>1.4</target>
</configuration>
...
</plugin>


If I put 1.4 as source version I get error (annotations). Like this I can generate my Jar file. My problem is that I have seen that one of the library I use require 1.6 and I'm targeting 1.4. So why I have succeeded to generate my Jar? Does maven verify the required version of each dependency?



asked 43 secs ago






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire