dimanche 15 mars 2015

Swift function returning an enum


Vote count:

0




I'm trying to learn Swift and I'm stuck to a very simple thing. How to write a function that returns an enum. The following code doesn't compile:



import Foundation

enum ​MyResponse​ {
case Even (String, String)
case Odd (String)
}

func checkNumber(number : Int) -> My​Response // <---- Error message
{
if (number % 2 == 0) {
return MyResponse.Even(String(number), " is even")
}

return MyResponse.Odd("odd")
}

let v1 = checkNumber(1)

switch v1 {
case .Even(arg1, arg2):
println("\(arg1) --> \(arg2)")
case .Odd(arg):
println("\(arg)")
}


I get the error message "Use of undeclared type".


What am I doing wrong? What is the correct way to return enum value from a function.



asked 45 secs ago







Swift function returning an enum

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire