vendredi 29 août 2014

Can I migrate from PHP 5.3.10 to PHP 5.6.0? If yes please tell me how? If no explain me the reason for it?


Vote count:

0




I'm basically a PHP developer. I'm currently using Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS on my local machine.


I'm using following PHP version for developing my PHP project :



php -v //command run at terminal to know the PHP version installed


PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.13 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Jul 7 2014 18:54:55) Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies


Now couple of days back a new latest stable release of PHP version (PHP 5.6.0) has been released by the PHP development team.


My question is as I'm using a PHP version on my local machine which is too older and also all PHP versions lower than 5.4 are officially unsupported or announced end-of-life should I go for PHP 5.6.0?


If your answer is yes, please explain me how to do it? Will the code I written in my project work properly after this migration? What changes I'll need to do?


If your answer is no, please explain me in detail why?


Before asking this question I gone through google and PHP documentation. There I found migration notes for following version migrations :



**5.3.x->5.4.x
5.4.x->5.5.x
5.5.x->5.6.x**


Didn't get how to migrate from PHP 5.3.10 to PHP 5.6.0.


So can someone please help me in this regard?


If you need any further information regarding my issue please do let me know.


Thanks in advance.



asked 1 min ago







Can I migrate from PHP 5.3.10 to PHP 5.6.0? If yes please tell me how? If no explain me the reason for it?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire