mercredi 30 avril 2014

Javascript shorthand OR operation


Vote count:

0




I have feeling this must be a duplicate, but I've been unable to find anything, probably due to different wording, or just because there really is nothing better.


I am generating kind of huge chunk of JS code, which "ORs" object properties with variables, while identifiers don't necessarily match. It looks like this (values are boolean):



a.borderline = a.borderline || borderline;
a.st1 = a.st1 || st;
a.ref64 = a.ref64 || ref;
...


To make it leaner I tried something like



a.st1 |= st;


but it makes a.st1 integer instead of boolean and I don't want to add another line with double negation to retype it back to boolean.


Using intuition I also tried ||=, which did not help :)


Is there any better (shorter) way of writing these commands?



asked 39 secs ago

Erlik

362





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire