mardi 29 avril 2014

Personal Server


Vote count:

0




I want to buy a personal server, but I am not sure exactly which to buy. I am looking at WD my cloud http://ift.tt/1jfNGFX but I want to be able to:


Hold all my files that I can access anywhere. I hate carrying usb drives around. (I cant keep track of them)


Stream videos from it to my PS3


ssh into it at any time from anywhere. I want one place to put all my code, so that means I also need to be able to install compilers and interpretors on it such as gcc, python, etc.


Host my own website on it.


I am getting into computer security so one that I can perform controlled attacks on. (before I put important stuff on it)


Secure so no one else can see what is on it, even if they are on the same network.


Also it would be a nice addition to be able to do system backups on it.


I dont know to much about servers, what do you think of the WD and what else is there?



asked 44 secs ago






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire