lundi 29 septembre 2014

Exporting CSV from Heroku Rails app - Adding Associations


Vote count:

0




I am trying to export information about users of my Rails app (that's hosted by Heroku). I followed this tutorial to export a CSV file:


http://ift.tt/1or5TQP


This involved the following:




  1. Connecting to post-gres database:


    psql "dbname=foo host=bar.compute-1.amazonaws.com user=abc password=123 port=5432 sslmode=require"




  2. Running a query:


    \copy (SELECT id, sign_in_count, last_sign_in_at, created_at FROM users) TO dump.csv CSV DELIMITER ','




This exported the CSV file to my current directory.


However, I'd also like to include an associated model in the query - for example, in my app, users created projects, and I'd like to export the number of projects each user has created.


How can I update my query to do this?



asked 1 min ago







Exporting CSV from Heroku Rails app - Adding Associations

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire