lundi 29 septembre 2014

Import PostgreSQL dump on OSX


Vote count:

0




I've only used MySQL before. Postgres is a little different for me. I'm trying to use the Postgres.app for OSX. I have a database dump from our development server, and I want to create the correct user roles and import the database to my local machine so I can do development at home (can't access the database remotely).


I think I've created the user. \du shows the appropriate user with the CreateDB permission. Then I used \i ~/dump.sql which seems to have imported the database. However when I use \l to list databases, it doesn't show up. So then I tried logging in with psql -U username , but then it tells me "FATAL: database username does not exist." Is that not the right switch for login? It's what the help said.


I'm getting frustrated with something simple so I appreciate any help. With the Postgres.app, how can I create the necessary users with passwords and import the database? Thanks for any help!



asked 1 min ago







Import PostgreSQL dump on OSX

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire