vendredi 30 janvier 2015

How to find number of combinations given a certain number of each element


Vote count:

0




I already know how to find a regular number of combinations given an array, but what I want to do is, say I have the alphabet array list. I want to make it so that when it picks the first letter, the code makes it so that that letter appears 5 times in the final strings. And then the second letter it chooses should appear perhaps 7 times, the third appears maybe 2 times, and so on and so on, until it has picked 14 letters (which is specific to the problem I'm trying to solve). In short, given how many times I want each letter to show up, how can I pick 30 letter strings (but with only 14 distinct letters) so that one letter shows up the number of times I want it to?



asked 1 min ago







How to find number of combinations given a certain number of each element

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire