samedi 31 janvier 2015

MySQL Query: From SELECT to UPDATE


Vote count:

0




I've built out this SELECT query and it returns the correct results:



SELECT CONCAT_WS(' ', n.contact_first_name, n.contact_last_name), n.contact_id, s.contact_id
FROM contact n
JOIN demographics s ON s.contact_id = n.contact_id


I get a table with the two names concatenated and the matching contact_id. My purpose with this is to write all the contact_first_name and contact_last_name into the demographics table under the column name demographics_name. However, I've tried to 'convert' my SELECT statement into an UPDATE and I ran into a duplicate column name issue. Here's the query I've tried to build:



UPDATE demographics d
INNER JOIN (SELECT n.contact_first_name, n.contact_last_name, n.contact_id, s.contact_id
FROM contact n
JOIN demographics s ON s.contact_id = n.contact_id
) c
ON c.contact_id = d.contact_id
SET d.demographics_name = CONCAT_WS(' ', c.contact_first_name, c.contact_last_name)


I can't spot the mistake I've made and I could really use the help of a fresh set of critical eyes to point out what I'm missing here.



asked 20 secs ago







MySQL Query: From SELECT to UPDATE

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire