samedi 31 janvier 2015

Trouble Installing Nokogiri mac OS X Yosemite v.10.10.1 because of libxml2 while upgrading to rails 4.2.0


Vote count:

0




I'm trying to install rails 4.2.0 on my computer, but I am having issues with installing nokogiri. I followed the steps in this question's first answer, but when I run brew install nokogiri, I get the following:



Activating libxslt 1.1.28 (from /Users/dseibert/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/nokogiri-1.6.6.2/ports/x86_64-apple-darwin14.0.0/libxslt/1.1.28)...
checking for main() in -llzma... yes
checking for xmlParseDoc() in libxml/parser.h... no
checking for xmlParseDoc() in -lxml2... no
checking for xmlParseDoc() in -llibxml2... no
-----
libxml2 is missing. Please locate mkmf.log to investigate how it is failing.
-----
*** extconf.rb failed ***
Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of necessary
libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more details. You may
need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
--with-opt-dir
--with-opt-include
--without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
--with-opt-lib
--without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
--with-make-prog
--without-make-prog
--srcdir=.
--curdir
--ruby=/Users/dseibert/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.0/bin/$(RUBY_BASE_NAME)
--help
--clean
--use-system-libraries
--enable-static
--disable-static
--with-zlib-dir
--without-zlib-dir
--with-zlib-include
--without-zlib-include=${zlib-dir}/include
--with-zlib-lib
--without-zlib-lib=${zlib-dir}/lib
--enable-cross-build
--disable-cross-build
--with-xml2lib
--without-xml2lib
--with-libxml2lib
--without-libxml2lib

extconf failed, exit code 1

Gem files will remain installed in /Users/dseibert/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/gems/nokogiri-1.6.6.2 for inspection.
Results logged to /Users/dseibert/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.2.0/lib/ruby/gems/2.2.0/extensions/x86_64-darwin-14/2.2.0/nokogiri-1.6.6.2/gem_make.out


I cant find the mkmf file to locate the details of my libxml2 file, and I dont see either the lib xml2 file or the nokogiri folder within my ruby source folder.


And when I run brew install libxml2, I get Warning: libxml2-2.9.2 already installed


aside:


This is my first question, so let me know if there's something I can improve on for the next question I ask. For several years I have been able to find the answers to my questions without asking my own, but cant this time I can't.



asked 32 secs ago







Trouble Installing Nokogiri mac OS X Yosemite v.10.10.1 because of libxml2 while upgrading to rails 4.2.0

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire