samedi 31 janvier 2015

linux - access /proc/self/auxv from setuid program


Vote count:

0




I have a program that reads /proc/self/auxv in order to get the value of AT_EXECFN. I cannot use getauxval because I have to support systems with a glibc older than 2.16.


The program in this case is setuid/setgid. What I am finding is that linux uses different permissions in /proc/self for setuid/setgid binaries. In particular, auxv is root:root with permissions of 400 (readable by user only). I have not been able to find much documentation on this, but that is the behavior I am seeing.


So the question : is it possible to get at the auxiliary vector in a setuid/setgid program?



asked 33 secs ago







linux - access /proc/self/auxv from setuid program

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire