mercredi 31 décembre 2014

Mavericks Server and SMBup questions


Vote count:

0




Hello everyone and Happy New Year!


My company has been using Mavericks Server for about three months now and we've had some major hiccups along the way, most of them relating to using Apple's iteration of SMB in a mixed environment. After weeks of research, it appears that it all stems from Apple ditching the official Samba systems after the release of Lion Server; I'm having read-only files after doing all of the possible tweaks with .TemporaryItems permissions, etc. During that research I have numerous threads and suggestions regarding SMBup as an easy method to introduce proper SMB into the Mac Mini Server, however I have a few questions about the software before I employ it on a server that powers a multi-billion dollar business.


Will SMBup interact with all the users I have already created within the Server app or do I have to recreate everyone in SMBup? If I do have to recreate users in smbup, will I have to do something different to bind the users to groups I've already created as well? Will SMBup interfere with any of the permissions I've set with ACLs through the server app or will they be unchanged? I would assume that if the groups exist as normal (previous question) that permissions would be unchanged, but as I said I'd rather not just point and shoot. Finally, will anything need to be done for the Mac clients in the office (as in, would I need to install SMBup on client machines as well)?


I greatly appreciate any and all the assistance you all can provide, unfortunately I never heard back from the developer after several emails over a span of a couple weeks. I figured because of the holidays and a normal developer's working life, that I probably fell through the cracks. Again, thank you and I look forward to any of the answers I can get.


Daniel



asked 55 secs ago







Mavericks Server and SMBup questions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire