mardi 30 décembre 2014

Using findstr to find non matching records in two text files


Vote count:

0




I am a librarian and have an issue.


I am often given lists of tapes to pull from the shelves and send out. I need to compare a list that I am given to a list of previously pulled tapes and populate a list of tapes on the first list that are not already out.


I know some basic command prompt and know that findstr is most likely the command which should be used however even upon very basic testing to try and debug what I have it comes up with no results even when I create scenarios in which the results should be there.


for example:


NEEDLE is a file containing the numbers {3,4,5,6} each on their own line


HAYSTACK is a file containing the numbers {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} also on their own lines


after I run findstr I expect to recieve a text file containing the numbers 1,2,3,7,8,9


I know that needle (the file containing the search strings) goes before the haystack (the file being looked through) but I am unsure the best way to do this.



asked 36 secs ago







Using findstr to find non matching records in two text files

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire