mardi 30 décembre 2014

reuse property in my own owl ontology but change domain/range


Vote count:

0




i am currently creating my own ontology, which reuses terms of other ontologies.


this brings me to a simple question: i am wondering, if it is it allowed (or: best practice) to reuse existing terms (for instance ObjectProperties) of other vocabularies, but at the same time change their domains and ranges.


in other words: via redefining/redeclaring external ObjectProperties in my own ontology, i am able to reuse them. at the same time i am thinking about changing its domains/ranges to more specific classes than the original domains/ranges. to be more precise i would change the domain/range to subclasses of the original domain/range.


can i do this?



asked 24 secs ago

beta

83






reuse property in my own owl ontology but change domain/range

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire